Monday, March 17, 2008

James gets to go home

Yesterday we laid to rest James Harbour. Many of you remember he and Linda from our early days of starting EMC. Linda was the lady with the oxygen that I thought was going to blow up the back row during last years Palm Sunday service.

This amazing couple faithfully for years took their grandkids to church. When emc began they were with us even back at the coffee house. Their grandkids loved the embassy so they came. They were so cute always apologizing for missing services so they could go off to a gospel sing or good old fashion revival meeting. EMC was a bit much for them, but they came for their grandkids. Not only did James come...James jumped right in there and helped too.

I loved it that he laid his personal taste aside so that his grandkids could connect with God. He never did get use to our "rock and roll" worship, but he loved Amie and I , and he loved emc. What I love most is that through all of that his son Jimmy came to visit emc and is now a Christ follower. James Sr. doesn't have to bring those kids any more, why the baton of faith was passed. His son Jimmy the father of the grand children brings them every week. Jimmy serves on our set up team and along with his kids once a month serves in the children's ministry.

That's what I'm talking about!!! I know when James came into the presence of Jesus he heard the words we all hope to hear...."Well done my good and faithful servant."
James and Linda I was only your pastor a short while, but I would like to say to you..."Well Done"

No comments: