Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Health Update

Last night I strung 5 hours of sleep together for the first time since the surgery. I am actually able to breathe with out feeling choked up. The swelling in my throat seems to have diminished in just the past 24 hours.

I am not dozing off at the drop of a hat anymore and I am able to talk somewhat clearly. What a difference a day makes. 11 days into this recovery and I feel 85% finally. This really has been the slowest thing I have recovered from, but I am on fully on the mend and can't wait to get back to 100%. It is amazing to not have had a headache in a week and a half. Before the surgery I had 3-5 headaches a week. The doctor said he felt this surgery would help and it looks like he was right. For that alone it was worth it.

I have also dropped 10 pounds since the surgery weighing in this morning at 224. That is 46 pounds less then when I started at 270 in October. I had to buy another pair of jeans because the pair I bought last month are too baggy to look proper. I'm not allowed to lift anything for 14 days so I am looking forward to getting back in the gym next week. My goal was to be 225 by Easter. I have surpassed that. I guess I need to set a new goal for the next couple months. I do love feeling better and that's what it's all about.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ross, I am so proud of you.. I can't even tell you how proud I am of you.. you know that i have been on the same road health wise as you and it DOES feel good.. GOOD for you for that 10 pounds.. keep up the great work.. I am glad you are starting to feel better.. we were all pulling for you!

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

Hi Ross,

It was good to see you again at The Serene Bean. I been coming here about every Wednesday and Fridays for a little over a month now.

I am glad that you are recovering quickly. Like I shared, I went through that surgery back in the 80"s :)

I have bookmarked your blog and will add it to my reads and also the link to the church.

Blessings,

Writing for the King,

Paul