Saturday, March 01, 2008

I'm Alive

On Thursday I underwent what turned out to be some serious time under the knife. For over five hours Dr. Edwards reworked my sinus cavities, took my tonsils, adenoids, and the tip off my uvula.

I guess they found a bone spur growing into my sinuses. That can't be good. Dr. Edwards told the family that this was one of the worse sinus conditions he had ever seen. He was surprised I didn't affect me more.

I can already breathe through my nose more clearly than I can remember. I know I am going to feel like a million bucks once I recover. Right now...I hurt. I hurt really bad. Not only do I hurt the pain medicine I am taking keeps knocking me out. I'm suppose to stay awake and walk around, but I just keep falling to sleep. The family took me to the mall today and I ended up dozing off while standing up.

It was like the family was walking the neighborhood drunk around the mall, but the Dr. said I needed to be up and moving.

With that in mind I plan on being at emc tomorrow. I want to pay Jared back for sleeping during my talks. So if you hear any snoring from the dark corners of the theater, it is probably me.

Thanks for all the prayers and concern. Ya'll are the best!

No comments: