Thursday, November 01, 2007

Kid's Fest 2007

Everyone who helped to make Kid's Fest an amazing event thanks!!! You guys were great. I know the kids loved it and you really impacted our city officials and workers who organized the event. Thanks emc for embracing this event so fully and for reaching over 400 kids not including parents and grandparents with the love and acceptance of Christ.

Frankly how could you ban a night like that and say, "we couldn't be a part of the city's Halloween event because we are Christians." Yes we are and last night 1800 people got to see a whole crew of Christ followers shining the light of Jesus brighter than any Jack-O-Latern.

By the way my son made a personal decision to follow Christ this week!!!! No it wasn't at a Christmas Cantata, Easter play, or even Sunday School (I like all three don't get me wrong)It's just Grant came to Jesus as the family was carving, God forbid, pumpkins on Tuesday night. See every year we talk about the junk inside us that Christ cleans out when Jesus (like a candle) comes in to shine His light in and out of our lives. Well this year that clicked with Grant's little and can I add sin filled heart. I know he's five, but I can assure you sin is resident within him as well (pay back for me when I was his age). He asked if Jesus could do that to his heart and a few moments later prayed to receive Christ into his life!!! Too Cool!

No comments: