Friday, November 09, 2007

Good bye to my Twenties

If you know me you know I haven't been in my twenties for five years. So what's with the farewell now? See I spent a large part of my twenties on the back of a Honda XR400 dirt bike. It offered some of the best times and experiences of my life. Memories of friends and moments of exhilaration, triumph and tragedy will forever be etched in my mind.

Since I moved to Georgia I haven't ridden. Mainly because planting the church hasn't afforded me the extra margin for injury and frankly if you know me you know I got injured pretty often on that mechanical steed. Can't very well help with set up on a Sunday morning if I'm limping or have my arm in a sling. So I just put her away and finally this week sold her. As the Russian who bought her drove away I couldn't help but feel like I was saying good bye to my 20's. I would like to add this for the record I said good bye, but it's only a good bye for now. Someday when life is more settled I look forward to Grant and I tearing up the North Georgia Trails and to making some trips back to Wayne National Forest in Ohio with old friends. Until then I'll continue to be the gym rat that I have become here in the city. I'll always miss the 15 acre woods just down the street from my Ohio country home, but I do love not having to drive 10 minutes to get to a gas station or restaurant.

To all my friends who I experienced the woods with thanks. Here's to you Gary, Billy, Paul, Dan, Jeff, Brian, Steve, Uncle Tom, Tom H, Faith, Dave, Aaron,Mark, Don, Chad, G.G., Jason,Jeremy. I know I'm missing a bunch of others but thanks for the fun and pulling my broken carcass out of the woods on a few occasions.

No comments: