Thursday, November 01, 2007

Great Email

This is an excerpt from an emc-er's e-mail who came to Christ a few months ago. If you find yourself locked into skepticism, but still feeling like you are missing something...check this guys story out:


It's amazing how opposite everything is from what I thought it was. I had it all figured out for years. I would watch TV and it would confirm everything I knew to be true about the fallacies of Christianity. Secular and Atheistic philosophy seeks to strengthen the resolve of people like me. It was so important to me to not believe. Skepticism became absolute truth and it all made sense. It was just fine to indulge in logical and rational secularism - there are no consequences - Hell? Yeah, right.

Why then was I facing every negative consequence that has ever been faced? If I had it completely figured out, why couldn't I just live it? Because everything turned out to be opposite. The logical was shown to be illogical. Rationality was irrational. Objectivism was actually close-mindedness.

The truth is that Christianity requires an open mind. Why then are Christians portrayed as close-minded robots? The truth is that Christianity requires logic, i.e. if it's a bunch of worthless bunk, then why the non-stop offensive against it? Logically, because it's true. The truth is that Christianity is everything THEY say it's not. And it's NOT everything they say it is.

I pride myself on not being easily swayed (36 years to make the decision). But how EASILY I accepted all the world's lies - to the point of being just another confused idiot running around preaching elitist secularism and impressing myself with how great I sounded. I felt so pleased with myself for being a true non-conformist, never realizing that the non-conformist is the one who goes AGAINST the world's lies, not the one who buys into them.

So there you have it.

No comments: