Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Can't Sleep

I am so jazzed tonight I can't seem to shut down. We had a great Sunday and today was everything you want a Monday to be. This was a fifth Sunday and our team like always did a great job getting everything ready for church. We actually had one less room to set up. We did a family day and had k-6th in the service with the adults. The kids did a great job leading us in worship with some of the songs they do in kids church. We then did a game show skit that went really well. Thank you Lela, Jason, Dane, and Chuck. The show was called "You're all Wet" by the end of the show Jason (a parent) was soaked, corn flaked and floured. His son dane was fine because he covered himself with an umbrella when the stuff was poured on him. We used the umbrella to teach the idea of staying under the authorities that God places in your life such as parents, teachers, bosses, God's Word, our marital covenant, and so on. The skit led us into the teaching reagrding staying under what God has put over us so that we can stay over what God has placed under us. (Thanks to Ed Young from Fellowship Church for the idea of using an umbrella to symbolize the authority of God)Yesterday we had several guest even a young girl that I have invited to church came and brought her fiance. Another young guy that I had invited came back for the second time in the past three weeks so that was cool too.

After church we went to Tom & Susan's house and had a party. Great food...great fun. Games were going on all over the place inside and out (Go Lawrence, king of Texas Horseshoes...you owned me) and the kids enjoyed the pool. By the way I got a new nickname out of the day, "Pastor Shark" we played poker and it was just my day. What can I say? A blind acorn will find a squirrel once in a while (or something like that) I think Mitch is going to take it out on me on the golf course. By the way, Marybeth showed that she could hang with the big dogs.

Robert brought his green glorious goo of gluttony again (This man can make some serious guacamole)He is now my best friend....ha ha, but I do love the stuff.

Now about today...I just had a very productive day concerning the next five months. God has really been bringing clarity to me in where we are headed as a church. Tonight it was exciting hashing things out and planning with my staff. I want to challenge everybody at the embassy to embrace your place! The next 5 months are going to blow our minds, but just like anything good we are going to have to go for it. I know you all are up for the adventure. So find a ministry and serve, find your wallet and give, find a friend and invite and when we celebrate our 2nd anniversary on January 6th we'll look back amazed at what God did through all of us together.

Thanks for allowing me to be your pastor. I look forward to being along side of you as you accomplish great things for our God!

No comments: