Saturday, July 14, 2007

And God Said Unto Abraham, "Look I Have Provided a Ram for You in the Thicket"









God provided for Abraham and Issac a ram in a thicket and God provided me a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Pick-up Truck!

If you go to the embassy or you live in Woodstock you probably have seen me smoking in my old truck. When I say smoking I don't mean Marlboros, I mean 2-3 quarts of oil a week. My old truck over the past 18 months kept me broke. After putting five grand into repairs I decided it was time to pull the plug. I made up in my mind that I was done putting money into it. Well that decision was made 3 months and 36 quarts of oil ago and the thing keeps chuggin' along.

Here's where the story gets interesting. Over a month ago we had some friends down from Ohio. They took Amie and I to a great restaurant and when dinner was over gave us a sweet letter and slid a check over towards us upside down. They said they had wanted to give us a significant gift for a long time. Man it was huge! We all cried and I spent weeks in disbelief with a fog around my head...wait that was the burn-off out of my truck's exhaust.

Some people from church started asking me if I was going to get another truck and I told them the story about the gift from our friends. To make a long story short someone from our church decided to get involved. He found a truck said he wanted to through some money toward it too. (no way I can't believe this is happening to me)

Last week Amie and I were able to do a large maintenance item on our mini-van, get new tires, and fix it's sliding door. This week with what was left over from our friends in Ohio's giftand with the generosity from our friend at the embassy I was able to pay cash for my truck!!!!!!! Still can't believe it, but my head has definitely come out of the fog.

Thanks to the two families that allowed God to use you to put a Ram in my thicket!

What's amazing is their stories of how God blessed them right back. Our friends in Ohio sold their home, in a very slow market, before they even listed it!
The person from the embassy had a financial deal come to a close this week the day after I got the truck. They were blessed 30X's what I was given by them!!!

I wanted to say all that just to remind you God sees where you are at and He is making a way for you!

No comments: