Wednesday, May 10, 2006

emc's first baptism party

Sunday following the emc experience we made our way over to Sharon & Rick's house where we had an incredible day. When I got up sunday morning it was raining and I thought our baptism party would have to be post-poned. Five minutes before service began we decided we'd go for it and I'm so glad we did. The weather broke and we had a beautiful day.

The first person I baptized as a pastor in Georgia was my oldest daughter Adalee. She came to Christ the day America was attacked, Sept. 11, 2001. We wanted her to wait until she was a little older to be baptized so this past Sunday was the big day! I was so proud as she articulated here faith in Christ and identified with her personal savior through the act of baptism. I wanted her to wait until family could be here to experience the day together, but like Addie said, "it's not about them anyways." That's my girl.

We baptized three others as well. I was so proud of a mother and daughter were baptized together to hear the mother's words of what Jesus means to her blew me a way. I am so thankful that I get to live my life introducing people to Jesus and seeing Him bless their lives.

Following the baptism we had a great time getting to know many of our new emc-ers. Ya'll are the best!

No comments: