Monday, May 15, 2006

emc's 1st mother's day

Yesterday we opened with a song and then I came up to welcome everyone to the embassy. Obviously we wished everyone a happy Mother's Day and then I said that Jared's mom wanted to come from Ohio for the day. but she couldn't. I went on to say..." speaking of Jared's mother...Jared yo momma is so stupid she tripped over the cordless phone" to that he went off saying...Oh no you didn't, Oh no you didn't and then he slammed my momma with "her teeth are so yella she spits butter" or something like that. After a couple more everyone was laughing large. It was definitely not what you expected, but everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Worship was wonderful and to be honest God really took control of the sermon. It was one of those days you could just sense God's presence (yes even after the "yo momma" jokes) As people left many were smiling with tears in their eyes (not that you have to be emotional to experience God, but God was definitely touching hearts at emc yesterday.) At the close of our experience Amie and I got to the theater exit to give away mom' gifts for the day (a relaxation pack: bath salts, lotion, luffa, & a candle).

It was great being able to stand with my wife and speak with everyone as they left the embassy yesterday. I love the people God is drawing to the church and I just can't help but feel as if He is going to use us together in a great way for many years to come!

No comments: