Monday, May 22, 2006

crazy day at the embassy

In October of 2004 I made my first contact with the Cherokee 16 theater management. This was done on one of our many recon visits to Woodstock before we moved here. Ricky the GM was awesome to us from the beginning I was really looking forward to him taking me out and whoopin me at golf, but that day will not come. His wife Ann Marie is from New England and they are moving near Boston. It was great having them attend the embassy several times before they moved. Ricky we're going to miss ya. With that said let me run Sunday by ya.

Yesterday was nuts! We have a new general manager at the theater. This guy is awesome with lots of plans for our theater. I'm lookin' forward to getting to know him, but getting up early on a Sunday morning to let team emc in to set up sanctuary at the cinema was not yet on his mental calendar. Needless to say after several phone calls and a few minutes of panic we got word he was on the way!

We began set up 1/2 late which may not seem like much, but it sure made 10:02 come real quick...whew! Well like always team emc rose to the occasion and kicked butt! It seemed to put us on fast forward and for me I felt a little off in the opening words and even in my preaching a little, but I know God used the day to touch lives. Our video celebration of our first baptism added so much to our worship experience (nice job jared and deena). Following the teaching we had a time of extended worship and communion.

The day got started crazy, we mixed up the service schedule for the day for a little freshness and reflection...all in all with a great deal of help from God the team pulled off another great Sunday! Thanks guys for jumping in there and making it happen. emc is blessed to have each of you and I am grateful for all you do to serve our God! See ya next week....Oh and Erik set the alarm for 7:30 next Sunday :0) -just jokin'

No comments: