Thursday, May 25, 2006

bama boy wins big!

The last two nights the Wiseman clan has been glued to the tube. Yes for two nights we became American idolators and Talyor is to be praised (No you can't do that! remember I will have no other gods before me...kind of known as one of God's big 10) Well anyhoo, I was glad Taylor one.

Can't go wrong with a southern boy that rolls like a cross between Joe Cocker and Ray Charles. I also love the fact that he is so non-typical. Taylor is not what you would think the industry would put out if the industry was voting each night, but America loves him. Why?

I think we are all tired of the plastic, phony, surgically improved, mass mediacized
stars the industry puts out so often. Taylor comes across just like one of us. So his hair went grey early and he dances kind of weird (so do you) and he's probably not going to get asked to do a Haynes Taylor's Way commercial (neither am I), but that's the point. What he does he does well and all the other stuff becomes part of his appeal.

I think that's how we should view everyone. Look at everyone for the star that they are and grow to appreciate them for all their idiosyncrisies. If we don't then the only alternative is for all of us to buy into american idolatry (not the show, but the sin) and try to look like, act like, and be like what is elevated by the industry on every front.

I say be yourself, and if you got gray hair and a weird danced who cares. Do all you do for God, and while you are being "the you" God made then people will see "the Him" in you!

No comments: