Monday, June 16, 2008

What a day at the Embassy!

-The "Most Dangerous Dad" Tournament went great as Jay Raymond and Daniel Shoemaker went at it in the final. Daniel in front of the big screen with cheers from a bunch of rowdy emc-ers brought the victory and a gift certificate home to momma. Congrats Daniel...valiant try Jay.

-Lately the band has been blowing me away. Yesterday was off the chain for sure. It's been great feeling a sense of excitement and anticipation during our worship experiences.

-Our people loved "Perry Noble" from NewSpring. The boy straight up brought it. It was great seeing God move on the hearts of people during the prayer time following the teaching. I don't think we'll have any problem getting a bunch of emc-ers to Perry's Unleashed Conference next year.

-I was glad our people responded well to the video format of Perry's teaching following live worship. This let's me know as we grow we can begin simulcasting a live video feed of me preaching from the main theater following a live worship experience. Right now we are using three theaters....that leaves us 13 to go!!!

-I'm loving the anticipation I am sensing in our folks. There's this sense that we can become all that God wants us to become as a revolutionary church. I have never been much for predicting numeric growth, but with what God is doing at emc I feel that we are poised to blow up. I know it's summer, but don't wait. Get in, get involved, invite your friends, and get ready to see crazy increase in your life personally and at the embassy.

-Don't forget during "One Prayer" we will meet at the church office for prayer from 6:30-7:30am. Also in June on Tuesdays we are fasting 1-3 meals. So carve out some time to seek God in prayer.

-It's exciting to think about how many book bags we are going to collect along with Revolution Church for "Give a Kid a Chance" during "One Prayer". Start bringing them in next Sunday.

1 comment:

Josh Brown said...

my blog is so much cooler than yours.