Sunday, June 29, 2008

Homecoming Service in Mansfield

Today was an amazing day as we went back home to preach at Mansfield First Assembly of God. I served as the associate pastor of this church for nearly 11 years. Our pastor, Tom Blair, his staff, and our Mansfield First Church family blew us away as over 1000 people gathered for today's celebration.

It was so much fun preaching to people that many I began preaching to when I was 21 years old. Mansfield First you made us feel so appreciated and so a part of your spiritual history.

You all made the launch of Embassy Metro Church possible and I thank you for that. It has been so great seeing old friends who feel like family this past week. We will always love you. I know Mansfield will always feel like home and our ministry with you will always be remembered fondly, but Woodstock is where God has called me and we have only just begun to see the fruit that will come from our ministry in Georgia.

Amie and I are so blessed to have been a part of Mansfield First Assembly. Mansfield 1st your best days are yet to come!!! We are also blessed to be a part of a great movement that is beginning in Woodstock, GA called Embassy Metro Church. All you EMC-ers, know this...we are just getting started. I can't wait until we together can look back on 10 plus years and be blown away by all God has done in and through us.

I love you all thanks for allowing Amie & I to be a part of two of the greatest churches in the U.S.A.

1 comment:

Ross Wiseman said...

Thanks for the comment. I do wish you would have included your name. Anonymity robs any chance of dialogue and at best weakens the arguments of well meaning people. At worse without dialogue all one is left with is diatribe.

Your failure to name yourself may have been an oversight. If not...don't go through life anonymous. Be bold and enter into the world of discussion.