Monday, February 04, 2008

Sunday Remix 2-3-08

I have been slack on blogging lately, but here are some thoughts from yesterday.

-We have added a bunch of new emc-ers in all areas of ministry at the embassy. It is good to see so many getting involved at emc.

-We had church planters with us again yesterday. It is always good to hear what planters have to say after visiting emc. These guys are planting a church in Savannah that might be strategically working with Northpoint Church.

-I laid it out heavy this Sunday. We looked at our third week in the Epic 08 series. This week we challenged people to live to "inspire others". People who have offered great sacrifice for Christ have always been inspirational to me. We weaved stories of martyrs who laid their lives down for their faith. I challenged us to not die, but to live for our faith. We realize that we are not our own, but we should live to inspire others.

-I told one story of a girl that was part of the 38th Street gang in LA. When she came to Christ, the gang members beat her out of the gang for 38 seconds. A 17 year old that passionate about God...that's what I'm talking about.

-My trainer goes to emc and this morning she had me do a core exercise called a plank. When she told me how long to hold this posture she said "38 seconds" She told me if a 17 yearl old girl could do that for Christ, at least I could hold on that long. OOOO the guilt, but it worked. There was no way I was dropping. By the Way, I am closing in on 35 lbs of weight loss.

No comments: