Thursday, February 21, 2008

Evolve Conference

At the beginning of the week I went to a church planters gathering in Cumming at Mountain Lake Church where Shawn Lovejoy is lead pastor. The conference was probably the best I have ever been to. It certainly was the most timely and meaningful.

God has been stirring my heart for weeks concerning personal growth, passion, and the future of emc. These two days threw some serious fire on the mix in my heart right now.

Bil Cornelius'
sermon challenging us to swing hard has deeply affected me.

I am so not one that goes to a conference, gets jacked up,and then comes home trying trying to be everything I am not. So often conferences and speakers put things out there like..."here's what we did, you go and do it, and then you will get the same results."

People leave events and try doing everything God told someone else to do. This never works and only serves to make pastors poor copies of the originals. What's worse than being a poor copy is never becoming the original that God made you in the first place. Evolve was great because it stirred everyone to get past the cookie cutter crap, get to God, and get to doing everything He is called you to do without holding back anything.

Myself and EMC will never be the same because of these two days.

No comments: