Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sunday Remix 1-27-08

-I was so looking forward to preaching Sunday. Actually I think I was looking forward to it so much, I preached about two sermons. Ha! Ha!

-I was preaching on "pursuing change". I had the idea to take my clothes off on stage. If we never change our clothes over time we begin to stink, grow stale, and go out of style. If we never pursue change in our lives than our attitude will begin to stink. We will lose our freshness and vibrancy. We also will go out of style. Or in other words, we will stop moving in step with the season God is leading us into.

I talked about things we have to take off. As I did this I got down to a t-shirt and jeans. Then i said there are somethings we need to change in private before it goes public. During this part of the sermon I went into a curtained off area we made on stage with pipe and drape. Well I forgot to throw my t-shirt and Jeans over the curtain when I took it them off. That limited the illustration a little. Worse then that, when I pulled the side curtain, only the top drew together. This left a bit of a swag that left me arse visible. OK it wasn't quite that bad, but a few folks stage left began to say, "close the curtain." I didn't hear them. When I looked to the right it was fine because the upper part was closed. The thing is, my lily white legs were still visible...so I am told. We had planned to have the lights turned down so there would be no chance of me being silhouetted. Our fast acting tech team (thanks guys) killed the stage lights altogether. This relieved me of any further embarrassment.

I changed in there as i spoke about changing some of the more difficult areas in our life. I then stepped on in a suit. Cuffed links and all. This was the first time I have ever worn a suit at the embassy. It was pretty cool to see everybody's reaction. Or maybe they were just reacting to seeing a shot of me in my skivvies. Lord I hope not.

-All in all it was a good day. It was neat seeing so many new people helping tear down. I love it when someone has only been at the embassy a week or two and they are already jumping in. Too cool(thanks Paul)!


-I look forward to next Sunday for our 3rd part in the Epic 08 series.

No comments: