Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year New Notebook


I have always been one to keep my thoughts and ideas in a planner, a journal, or most recently on my MAC. I use to use Franklin Planners for personal management. Over the past 7 years I have become increasingly digital. I miss the therapeutic and creative nature of putting ink to paper so beginning Jan. 1st, 2008 I have went back to journaling and creating in ink. I recently have decided to try a Moleskine for recording my thoughts, ideas, and dreams.

Blurb from Moleskine's Website:
"For two centuries now Moleskine (mol-a-skeen'-a) has been the legendary notebook of artists, writers, intellectuals and travelers. From gifted artists Henri Matisse (1869–1954) and Vincent van Gogh (1853–1890), to poet and leader of the surrealist movement AndrĂ© Breton (1896-1966) to Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961) considered the most influential writer of the last century, to famous travel writer Bruce Chatwin (1940-1989).

These notebooks have proven they can withstand the trials of travel and abuses that ensues from normal use. This is the one true trusted travel journal."

I like that I will be able to continue to buy the same notebooks for years to come. Leaving something that my children and their children can look back on has great appeal to me. I plan on buying one for each of my children ASAP. I then want to record Daddy's "Life Lessons" and other thoughts I have about them and their experiences. Upon graduation or their wedding I would like to present them a book full of the thoughts their Daddy has had of them through the years. I wish I would have thought of that 11 years ago when we had Adalee. No time like the present.

No comments: