Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am seriously itchin' to preach

I can't wait until Sunday. It's going to be a great day. Plan to be there and bring every friend and family member that you can.

As we go into this new year I am so pumped about the momentum that we are experiencing. I sense passion for God increasing in the emc-ers. There is a hunger to grow and a desire to move forward into what God has for us individually.

I am committed this year to growth. I'm not talking about numbers on Sunday. We have that and will continue to grow until it eventually blows our minds. What I mean, is growth in the lives of those who are coming to the embassy. I so desire to see you connect with all that God has for you. I hope you are sensing the expectancy that is rising in our midst. I also hope you realize that this sense of expectation is the Spirit of God preparing to take us on a journey like never before. All I want to ask today is this...Are you ready? No...I mean really ready?

Hebrews 11:6

6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Two weeks ago I talked about expectation (faith). I said that expectancy sets in motion experience.

There is a promise in this scripture, but it is connected with the action of "diligently" seeking God. I want you to take some time to think about two ways that we can be active in our expectation.

#1 Make Space for God. What does that look like for you?

#2 Give God something to work with.
Is there anything this year that you need to commit to God?

No comments: