Monday, December 24, 2007

Sunday Remix 12-23-07

-We had a ton of new people helping with set up/tear down. It was great as one by one mentioned that they didn't realize how much goes into making emc each week. Set up has grown even more extensive so in the new year we will need a handful of new people each week in rotation.

-Charla got sick so our trio (Amie, Mary, & Charla) became a solo because two part harmony didn't sound right. We used a background track which is so not our style, but it did work well to bring fullness to the harmonies. Mary did a great job soloing it.

-The kids were too cute coming out wearing Christmas boxes. I loved Alex Stockdales box with a seperate box covering his head like a mask. It was like El Nacho Libre meets Saint Nick.

-Jared and the band did a great job mixing up Christmas songs and worship concluding with communion.

-I wasn't happy at all with my talk. A few times a year you just feel like you drop an egg instead of hitting a home run. As a preacher you want these to happen on weekends when attendance is down and as few guests are in the room as possible. You definitely don't want it to happen on your "big event days". I felt like I just never found my groove. I do believe that God spoke to people's hearts it's just you hate walking away feeling like you hit anything less than a home run.

-Looking forward to January 6th and to the launch of our new series called "EPIC"
This coming year is going to be off the hook. I am so excited about what God is doing through everybody at the embassy.

No comments: