Monday, September 10, 2007

Sunday Remixed


-Today was incredible we had more e-mails and phone calls regarding the impact of todays service than we have ever had. It was amazing to see what God is doing in people's hearts as a result of yesterdays emc experience.
-It was literally the hardest teaching time I have experienced since launching the embassy. I was sweating, losing my train of thought, frankly I was a mess. It was actually kind of humorous but at the time felt like crap. I have been preaching long enough to know you just keep pushing through because God is in the middle of it all and He is getting the message across to hearts and lives that will be changes by His words even if the preacher is feeling a little hyperventilated. Ha!
-Everybody knows that I get hot when I preach and my hanky was no where to be found...the water cup ran out in no time. I've been doing this forever, but ever so often God will throw me a reminder that "boy you ain't got this figured out yet so just trust me." OK so maybe God doesn't use double negative's in his dialogue, but that's just how I hear Him saying it.
-It was funny that the day I felt the worse in delivery we just so happened to have the most responses ever and the highest regular service attendance since we launched.
-20% more worship guides were made this week than normal and we still ran out.
-We did some vision casting Sunday about all the opportunities that are coming up in the next 6 weeks. Do your part to make a difference in the life of the person that soon will be sitting next to you in a seat at the theater. That empty seat is your responsibility....Own that thought that ever person you have a relationship with is your responsibility to help them have a seat in heaven someday. That begins here and now by getting them to a seat at the embassy where I promise you they will have an experience with God and God's word that they will not be able to deny!
-OK so how many people not numbers, but people....not numbers, but lives valued by God. We had 150 people Sunday. There is definitely a buzz taking place at emc. Invite your friends and family be there during this series, and get involved in the things we are doing going into the fall.
-Finally, I love it that embassy is a place of doers not talkers, servants not slackers, lovers not haters....keep it up guys you are so making your God proud!!!

No comments: