Saturday, September 15, 2007

Getting ready for the Game

It's 7:20 and Grant is up and getting dressed in his soccer kit (that's his whole get up from jersey to cleats). I thought it was bad last Saturday when he was ready at 9:00 for his 10:40 game. When you are passionate about something it will get you up in the morning and ready to get at it. It looks like Grant's "getting his game on" and I love it.

I think that is kind of what we all feel like on Sunday mornings when we get up early and begin to set up hours before people arrive at the embassy. I love being a part of the team. I hope I always go at church planting with the same zeal that Grant has for his new found love soccer.

Speaking of soccer...that is my goal (pun intended). Next summer I want to play in a Tuesday night league just to blow off steam. To do so I have to lose a lot of weight or frankly I'll snap my ankles off at the bottom of my tib/fibs. When the train get's moving it ain't easy to get it to stop when cutting. Trust me I know last year I did a doosy on my ankle during a coaches scrimmage. It's like I think I'm 175 in my head so I play like that, but the body says, "boy are you freakin' crazy....this is where this ends" and snap I'm laying there with a ganked up ankle. Well I am on track now.

I will put these numbers in just to make me accountable. I began 4 weeks ago when I realized I was an official fat cow. I was just shy of 270 pounds. Dang! at 5'8 that equates to you are a fat cow. Now everybody says...."Oh you carry your weight well" that's nice tell that to my body because all my body was telling me was, "hey Ross...guess what... you're a fat cow." I want to be able to play soccer with my boy when he's 16 and at the rate I was going the only soccer we would have been playing was EA sports FIFA 2007 on the playstation. I refuse to be a 40 year old "use to be an athelete" guy who can't relate to his son because he's obese. OK so what am I doing about it. Well I haven't been dieting. I've been going to gym and eating a lot of meals. 5 or six small meals a day each one just until I feel satisfied. It's hard to crave junk when you feel satisfied all day. That's about it. So how's it going you might ask. I was 252 this morning which means I have lost 17 pounds. That's 3 sugar bags and a half down, 15 and a half to go. I want to be 175 again. When Aubrynn was born 8 years ago I weighed 165 pounds. A month ago I realized I had to "get my game on"

I am laying these figures out mainly to keep myself accountable as I work to loose nearly 100 pounds. I'll throw the figures up here about once a month and if you see me out and I have a coke and chips in my hand just holler out...."fat pastor fat pastor get your game back on!"

No comments: