Saturday, September 29, 2007

Good Tired

-Last week we had one of those vacations that was great, but leaves you playing some serious catch up. I didn't do Sunday Remixes for the past two Sundays, but we had great services with a lot of guests. This past week the two worship teams that rotate did a combined set. It was cool they rocked out, but added mandolin, banjo, & congas. It had a really rugged, homespun, and worshipful feel. I love what God's been doing in people's lives during this series.

-I went to visit Chris & Caitlyn in the hospital Sunday. They had a beautiful little girl. On the way into the hospital I started talking to a dude chilling outside who looked like we was in a lot of pain. He was really a cool guy. I ended up praying for him and then I went up the day after he had his ruptured discs fixed. I hung out along with one of his friends for over an hour. It was so cool to see this guy coming to the realization that there are spiritual needs in his life. We talked mostly about guy stuff old fights, stupid decisions, and movies. It was just real cool. since then he's called and said that he and his girl want to check things out. In his words he said that it's just "f&%$ing" cool how things worked out. I guess that's not quite a praise God, but it was definitely heart felt. I love it that God draws to us the rough and edgy. It's messy at times, but i wouldn't trade it for anything! I can't wait to have my new friend show up at the embassy. I know God has plans to blow his mind with His faithfulness.

-Spent one night looking for a girl on the streets in Atlanta. Her uncle's an old friend of mine from Ohio. He heard she was on the streets so I took Brantley and Hannah with me to find her. We came home at 1:00am, but could not locate her. Pray for this young girl that she'll begin to make the right decisions before she craps her life away.

-Tomorrow we finish getting out 15,000 door hangers. Tonight we placed over 2,000 invite cards on cars at WHS, EHS, and the movie theater.We are going to have a huge turn out next Sunday for our "Gametime" tailgate party. I'll write more about that first of next week. Plan to be there, bring a friend, we are going to have a blast!

-This week has been crazy and between now and Tuesday it's going to be even crazier. I want to personally ask you to pray for my strength the next couple of days. This week was 12-14hr days everyday. Thanks!

No comments: