Monday, May 12, 2008

God Answer's Prayer Fast

This morning I was on my way to Macon to speak with three GA church planters. On the way there I was praying and God began to place in my heart a desire. This is not a new desire. It's a desire that was birthed in my heart and acted upon in Ohio in various ways.

When we first came to Woodstock, from an outsiders point of view, there didn't seem to be a lot of need for food distribution or ministry to the impoverished. In the past two years as I have driven every street around our community praying I have seen areas of great need. With the economy the way it is many of our city's residents have found themselves to be "stuff" poor. This is when you have great vehicles and nice homes, but not enough to keep up with rising gas and food prices. Many budgets are being stretched to the limit.

OK let me get back to this morning. As I prayed a renewed desire surfaced to do something for those in need. I was talking to the Lord about getting our hands on some food or clothing...anything we could mass distribute. Just something we could give as a way of showing the love of Jesus to our community. I even called Jared to tell him about what I was thinking. I told him a potential name and domain name we could use to put more focus on Jesus than anyone church's benevolence (I'll let you in on the name and webpage soon)

Tonight I got a call from someone who said they have 20 tons of food and would like to give us a trailer full to distribute however we please. I don't even know what that much food looks like. I'm going to check it out in the morning. All I can say is that God answers prayer fast! Too Cool!

If you are interested in helping to get things ready for distribution just let us know.

No comments: