Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Time on a Mountain Bike

Yesterday I got the call from Mitch asking if I wanted to go try out mountain biking. After work we headed over to Blanket's Creek Trail System. On a borrowed bike I hit the trail and loved every minute of it.

I felt good out there and realized that my cardio regime has me in pretty good shape. We did about 7 miles. After wards I went to my Journey Group. I told Mitch when we finished that I feel like such a schlepp. To have a place like that, as close as that, and I got as fat as that...that's ridiculous. I'm so glad I have gotten back into shape. I can't wait to get my own bike and start hitting the trail frequently.

Mountain biking felt a lot like dirt biking...just slower. There was some things I liked better. Without a full helmet you get a better view of nature. You have less clothes on so you're not as hot. You can hear the person your with talking. NO GAS TO BUY!

I think if I get a bike I'll just ride it the three miles to the office and save on gas money plus get my cardio all in at the same time. Can't wait for my next trip out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heck yes! i've been wanting to get into mountain biking super bad too. if i get one we can shave our legs and go on gps trips together! yay!

--mr. brown