Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Remix

-The Blue Rockers still go undefeated. It's so wrong to be so proud, but the team Grant is on is just really doing a lot right and it's fun to watch. They are beginning to pass and finally starting to run to space which is very hard to get 4&5 year olds to do. Finally the other team had enough and called the game with about 20 minutes left to play. They were down a few people so everybody was wearing out. I was still proud of our guys for passing so much. Great Job Blue Rockers!

-Saturday was a sad day as one of the first families that came to emc moved back home to Seattle. Lawerence, Jodi, Makayla, and Kennedy Boyd your church family in Atlanta will miss you.

-Spent a few hours with a crew of guys shooting our November series promos. Anytime spent with this bunch is hilarious.

-The Tribe sucked the field up pretty bad on Saturday and Sunday night and deserved to loose. In the series as much as I wanted the Indians to win I do hope the Sox come out and surprise the Rockies for the Championship.

-Our set up crew on Sunday had the truck unloaded in great time, but somewhere things got slowed down, the sound in the lobby didn't get set up and we started late which never makes me happy! We'll find out what went wrong at staff tonight :)

-Since the billboard we have had a lot of first time visitors. That's cool. This week a woman who came because she saw the billboard put her faith in Christ during the service. That's what it's all about.

-with all the new people that has been coming I am looking forward to the team emc orientation on Sunday at the Serene Bean immediately following the service. I am also looking forward to our journey groups starting back up in a couple of weeks. All these things help people connect and grow in their relationship with God and friends.

-The band rocked Sunday. We almost have enough people to make two full teams. I love what you are bringing us into on Sundays thanks for all you do to lead us in worship our God.

-I enjoyed preaching today, but I could tell there was a little push back. we looked at Settling the Score: How to handle penalties on the play. It's hard to see the stuff people throw at you as something that can make you stronger if handled right.To face the one who fouled you and to forgive, free, and forgive them is so hard. I know you can do it though because the Holy Spirit lives in you and He will empower you to get past your penalties on the play.

-Last night was our second night having Discipleship for Leadership. It has been great sowing into the leaders at emc. Thanks guys for stepping up your passion and level of responsibility.

-Finished the night last night about midnight as my wife and I spent time with a person in the church who has been through hell. I pray through Jesus she will find and know that there is healing for her past and she will receive strength to forgive, free, and forget those who have scarred her so deeply.

-We truly don't know the pain that people are going through, but I know that Jesus can heal their pain without a doubt!

-Went to bed really really tired....I love my life!

No comments: