Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Great E-mail

A fellow emc-er writes:

It has been well over 2 years now since we got hooked up (Or I guess I should say plugged in..) at the Embassy. I am continually amazed at how there is still not a Sunday that has gone by where I do not feel excited about coming to church. Even the days I have to miss, it definitely feels like something is missing from the week. I can’t remember a time in my life where on occasional Sunday’s I wouldn’t wake up and feel “Man, I really don’t feel like going to church today”. But, apparently, those days are gone because there are truly folks to “journey” with…..not “perfect people”, not “judgmental people”, not “holier than thou people”, but “PEOPLE”….”REAL PEOPLE” who love other people and want to figure out life together. I so appreciate what you have done here. I know we are really reaching the un-churched, but I am hear to tell you, that we are also reaching the folks that always thought they were “churched” but didn’t realize that it is more than a word or a label, it is a state of mind and a focus on God and truly a “Journey”. Thanks for being faithful and driving God’s vision to Woodstock, to Georgia, and to the world.

What a great e-mail! I love to here what Jesus and Emc has meant to people's lives. EMC Team, ya'll are doing a great job!!!!

No comments: