Wednesday, October 17, 2007

God has Great Timing

We have a guy at the church who has been in ministry for 20 years. He preaches at youth camps and has ministered all over the country. His family has called emc home and it's been great having him at the church. Sunday he asked if we could get some lunch this week. Little did I know what I would face between then and the lunch.

Every pastor at times will get reamed about their particular ministry and focus, and I am no exception. Does it hurt yes...will it always hurt...I hope. I never want to lose a sense of tenderness to the call of God and His desires, on the other hand I will forever be tenacious about the call God has on embassy metro church and His purpose for emc.

Let me get back to God's timing. So....I have everything we are called to and focused on called into question by someone. Man I never even saw it coming and it was intense. Here comes God's timing....the very next day I have lunch with this other
guy from our church that is a preacher. His main purpose for lunch was just to affirm the ministry that we are all doing at emc. This man has been in ministry for 20 years, has seen all types of churches and environments, has seen the positives and negatives and he just wanted to have lunch to say, "Pastor, you all are doing it!" Man that is just too cool how God works. Will I still be contemplative over things said by the other party yes, to not smacks of pride and arrogance, but have I fell a sleep soundly every night since the "reaming" you bet.

No comments: