Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sunday Remix *

*I wanted to upload this Sunday, but have been away from the internet until now...


-I had a very long day: woke up at 3:30 am had an amazing day at the embassy and
arrived in South Georgia at Amie’s folks at 11:30 pm. We came to drop our kids off because we are going to a pastor’s retreat on St. Simons until Thursday. We’ll be in 2 services a day. The rest of the time I’ll be with my beautiful bride for a few days without the “chillrens” as my Kentucky grandma use to say.

-The “game time” tailgate party was a huge success. Thanks everybody who made it possible. We had our normal set up to do plus the outside set up for the tailgate party. Our guest services, food service people, and everyone who just jumped in from start to finish worked so hard and pulled the day off huge! Ya’ll kicked! I had so many of our guest surprised at all we do to make church not only possible, but awesome at a theater. Most were surprised that the only real difference was the outside party area and that we do all of this week to week. Being portable will never be an excuse for us to not go over the top in providing quality environments for people to find and grow in their faith in Jesus.

-People wondered where we got our band. “…they are awesome…” one person said. I thought that was great. I know you guys have worked hard and it sure is showing. Thanks for always giving God your best!

-I had a blast just speaking a little about winning in life (I Corinthians 9:24-27) and setting up our “Game time Series” beginning next Sunday. I can’t wait until next week to open God’s Word and look at some principles that will help all of us side step some of the things that try to block us from getting to our goals in life.

-I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of our guests back at the Embassy next Sunday.

-I know people have been asking about the attendance Sunday so here we go: we had 74 in Embassy Kid’s ministry (kids and workers), 138 adults & teens, 27 that came after the service for tailgate party. Total for the day 239 people!!! Great job getting the word out everybody. I pray many of these will be back next week as we begin the “Game time” Series.

-FYI: The winner of the Wii gaming system was a friend of and emc-er and first time guest. Congrats!

No comments: