Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sunday Remix

-great day with tons of guests several who I have met at different times in the community. way to go emc keep investing in people's lives and inviting them to come and experience what God desires to do in their lives.
-I invited another barista from the coffee shop and he came yesterday. that's always cool when that happens.
-music sounded great. the mix was hot.
-The God at the movies series ended great and we had the best attendance we've had all summer.
-there is definitely some buzz taking place. the next few months are going to be off da hook. I know it's labor day weekend but take off after church because I want to tell everybody what's going to be happening at the embassy over the next 8 weeks.
-we had a chic come last week as a guest of an emc-er. she then came to the 80's party Saturday which by the way was great fun. Loved the mullet and ACDC shirt on Rich it reminded me of 3/4's of the guys in my home town during the 80's. anyhoo, this lady shows up Sunday with her fiance'. I love this...after church I met him as he is nervously apologizing about his rock t-shirt and tattooed arms. He said if he knew he was coming to church he would have worn long sleeves. I told him, "two things, first I like tattoos and you don't have to worry about covering them up we have a lot of people with tats and we want you to come as you are. second I said laughing, "now explain to me what you meant by, if I knew I was coming to church I would have worn long sleeves." It's not like you accidentally end up at church.
He proceeded to tell me how his fiance' told him on Sunday, "let's go for a walk" so walk they did when they got to the theater she said let's go in." and they did that too. He then experienced the environment that I am always saying the emc-ers create with acceptance and dedication to making people feel valued by God and us. Well, the rest is history. The dude loved it and is planning on coming back, hopefully he'll come just as he is. I love to see people who bring people who bring people. Too Cool.
-one of our college age guys got a mohawk...holy pointy hair batman. actually it looked quite nice.
-Todd hooked me up with his ipod transmitter because his new car has one built in. Can't beat free swag. Thanks
-My oldest daughter Adalee actually beat me at a game for real. That's the first time one of my kids beat me when I was actually trying to win. No more air hockey for her. I'm only going tp play against grant from now on.
-I was beat from the weekend. Saturday I taught 2 one hour sessions on church planting to around 20 future church planters in Griffin, GA then attended the rest of the days workshops. got home just in time to get to the 80's party and didn't get to sleep until late. Went to lunch with some emc-ers and then I crashed Sunday afternoon taking a four hour nap. You got to love church planting.

No comments: