Monday, August 06, 2007

Sunday Recap

-My man Dale Stephens brought it. It was nice being at the embassy today, and being able to just chill. Dale did a great job talking about what evangelism is (doing life with people in such a way it points them to Christ) and what it's not (Christian T-shirts). It was great how he tied in embassy's theme "with you on the journey".

-The cafe team did a great job with set up!

-We are getting ready to completely redo the cafe area.

-19 months into this I'm realizing we have some maintenance issues. Time to replace some of the kids stuff, a few tables, etc...

-For being the last Sunday of the summer break we had great attendance... I love it when you see momentum building.

-I love what God's been doing in people's lives at emc recently.

-I love our band and what Jared is doing with the rotation of musicians and vocalists.

-We said bye to Josh who was going to be taking a job and moving 4 hours away. Man I'm glad I have to retract that good bye. Yesterday was very pivotal in his life and it looks like he's staying around. I got the call last night. too cool.

-God has always provided for us and He continues to amaze me at the faithful giving of those who get what we are attempting to do together for God. Thanks to those who have allowed God to touch their hearts in such away that they have financially engaged in the vision of what we are accomplishing at the embassy.

-I love seeing people back who have been gone this summer. Our college students are coming back. Our vacationing families are rolling in. It just feels good having the family home again.

No comments: