Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday Recap


-Thankful that our air conditioning is working at the theater.
-enjoyed the bottled cokes instead of coffee in the cafe'
-the band, you guys sounded great today, but the girls were amazing on vocals. Go Mary, Hannah, & Charla!
-We launched our God at the Movies series entitled "Searching for something reel" this week we looked at "Searching for Real hope". We used Spiderman 3 as our storyline as we looked at the thought that "there is hope for the goo in you". We dealt with the sin nature that every person has. You'll have to check the podcast out for details. Some weeks things just really click and this was one of those weeks.
-We had a bunch of guests and I was glad that a visiting family won the friends and family movie pack give away thing (4 tickets, coke and popcorn) We'll be doing a drawing weekly during the God at the movie series so there is still a couple of chances to win.
-Shout out to Terry & Monica Smith for bringing the guest family that won the movie give away.
-EMC we are on the verge of an explosion. Our attendance was great and we were missing a ton of our Cobb County folk who were most likely getting their last weekend away before school starts.
-I'm posting this from the Serene Bean and as I do it I look around at those who work here and realize that four people working today go to the embassy. Too Cool!!!
-The greatest thing that happened last night is that the dude who did the blues piece at the start of our crossroads series came to Christ last night!!! It was too cool he spent the afternoon with the sermon in his mind and his cousin talking with him about stuff. They called last night and showed up at the house. Pastor Jared showed up too. I was fishing down at the lake with my kids, my usual Sunday night unwind acitivity. Here they come down the hill. We sat on the rock, started to pray and I told the dude man you've seen this done if you want to begin this with God you just pray what you want. I loved it as he spoke to God about the "crap" in his life that he needed God to take care of. It was awesome. We all have spent a bunch of time together fishing off those banks and now my friend was allowing himself to be caught by the great net of the one who came to fish for men, Jesus. I loved the whole experience to because it was so raw and rough, not neat and sanitized. there was something very warrioresque about it as Ken full opened himself to God and put his foot on the neck of Satan. What so cool is, this is a guy that we have been doing life together with for months. All you emc-ers you have created an environment where a person can come and find themselves, find God, and find life. I'm just really proud of you all for making the difference in people lives for eternity. And Ken...Way to go bro!!!!!!!
-You know I don't talk about numbers much, but experiencing that with my friends last night makes me want to see that happen in the lives of hundreds in the next year!!! I want to see it happen in the lives of your friends and family members. You may not feel comfortable sharing your faith and until you are get them to the embassy and I promise we will do everything we can to point them to Christ.
-I can't wait until next Sunday only 6 days to go!

No comments: