Friday, August 24, 2007

New Group I'm Diggin'

Josh Brown tipped me off to a trio from Mount Pleasant, North Carolina that really have a great sound. This is what Wikepedia says about them: The Avett Brothers combine old-time country, bluegrass, punk, pop melodies, folk, rock and roll, honky tonk and ragtime to produce a sound described by The Washington Post as "post civil-war modern rock", or by other reviewers as "grungegrass".

Everybody that knows me knows I have a broad range of musical tastes. I like everything from rock to bach and from rockabilly to hillbilly. For some reason the music of the Blues and Mountain Music have always served to make me feel the most rooted. These guys do a great job putting a modern twist on mountain music so that it feels like I am listening to something fresh and new, but I swear Great Grand Dad A.J. Hatfield would have liked it too.

No comments: