Monday, August 18, 2008

Sunday Remix 8-17-08

-Yesterday was one of those Sundays where when you put your head on the pillow you are happy to be doing what you are doing. The theater is filling up with friends and family. We haven't done any advertising since our billboards came down last December. You all are doing it. Your living your life for Christ and influencing others to follow Him and people are doing just that. Keep up being the agents of life change that you are becoming.

-There is nothing I love more than when a person comes to Christ at the embassy, then they bring someone who comes to Christ, then that person influences someone to come and they too find Christ. That's one cool thing about being a maturing church (2 1/2 years old) We are beginning to see people who were reached, reaching people who are reaching people. I LOVE IT! That's the number one way that you see God's kingdom grow and that will always be the number way that we see Embassy grow.

-Although personal invite is #1 if anybody wants to throw $5,000-7,000.00 for a 3 month billboard campaign that would be cool too! :)

-We set world record times yesterday with set up. The band got the gold for bringing it and Brian did an amazing job on the mix.

-A couple of weeks ago we set the standard that we will never start later than 10:02. The various teams have risen to that standard and I thank you.

-You can tell that EMC has taken a giant step forward this summer...and I thought in the summer you are suppose to just coast. Not you guys!

-I had personal friends at the Embassy again this week and I want to thank all the teams for what you do. You make it very easy for me to invite people to church. EMC is definitely the place I would want to go even if I wasn't the pastor. I know that when people come they will be greeted, encouraged, motivated, and connected to God at a greater level. Thanks for making that happen week after week. EMC-ers you rock!

No comments: