Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday Remix 7-27-08

-After last Sunday's technical debacle I was pleased to see the team pulled off a great day! Thanks goes out to the load control team, sound & lighting team, the band, hospitality team, and all our incredible kids workers. Even in the middle of the summer you guys left it all on the court yesterday. Great job.

-When I think about what it takes to be a portable church it blows my mind. It is definitely the extreme sport of ministry. Truth be told if it is about us it's not worth stacking it up week after week. Knowing that we serve because of Christ and to give Him an opportunity to change lives, makes every bit of it worth it all. I thank God for all of you at the Embassy that get that. I appreciate all you do for God and this city.

-I have reeled the length of my teaching time back in following vacation. I really enjoyed speaking about the Judas' in our lives that God uses to release His best in us. If you missed yesterday check out the podcast.

-This week it seemed like everybody was on vacation. I am looking forward to summer being over. Can't wait to have everybody back in the house again. Also looking forward to our finances bumping back up. Summer is always difficult financially. Our July was nearly 40% below budget. That's crazy. So pray, tithe, and if you feel led to give sacrificially it would come at a good time :)

-Had a great time last night with a group of our leaders. The past 9 months have been great as we have seen the leadership base broaden at emc. I'm looking forward to seeing these leaders using their abilities and gifts for God's purposes.

No comments: