Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer of Rock Intro: Name that Artist

On Sunday I led into our Summer of Rock series with a creative intro. It included a fictional story of a life changed as a person became a disciple of Christ.

Take a look at the next paragraph and see if you can name the artist connected to the songs put your list in a comment. Let's see who is the first to get them all.

I know there is some of you in here…you have been through a Hard Day’s Night…. Felt like you were Free fallin’ you couldn’t get any Respect and you felt like you were about to bite the dust You found yourself saying “I can’t get no Satisfaction. I feel like a Voodoo Child.
"On the outside you were a sharp dressed man, or maybe a beautifulBrown eyed girl but the truth is you were Bad to the Bone.

You knew you needed help you were Dazed and Confused thinking you could find Nirvana trying everything to find peace, but you were on a Highway to Hell then you heard it through the grape vine that there is Stairway to Heaven
His name is Jesus Tell me What I Say

Some people said you were just Superstitious you were having a breakdown, but others were telling you if you could just get to the Father that… Papa’s Got a Brand new bag.

Some of you might think that Jesus is Just alright with me, but that’s not you. When Jesus got a hold of your life you were like,
"Good Golly Miss Molly" You said, "Jesus showed up and I did a roundabout. And I knew right then that I was going to turn turn turn my life over to Him."

At that moment Jesus sent the Holy Spirit. The Bible symbolizes the Spirit as a dove. And right then this Free Bird came to live on the inside of you and He made you fly like an Eagle.

You got so excited you went and told your friend Laya then you got on a phone and called a neighbor you said, "Hey Jude I use to be Like a Rolling Stone. But now I’m rock solid. I found out that Jesus came for everyday people."

With or without You I’m going to follow Him I’m going to be His disciple. Because every breath you take he gave you. And every breath He gave me so now...I don’t fear the reaper.

I once felt like Alice in Chains all bound up, but now I am Rockin in the Free World. He is doing so much in my life that I want to make a difference in My Generation.

Guys that makes me want to shout.

3 comments:

Todd said...

Ok, here is my stab at it:

Hard Day’s Night - Beatles
Free fallin’ - Tom Petty
Respect - Aretha Franklin
bite the dust - Queen
I can’t get no Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
sharp dressed man - ZZ Top
Brown eyed girl - Van Morrison
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
Nirvana - Nirvana
Highway to Hell - AC/DC
heard it through the grape vine - Marvin Gaye
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Tell me What I Say - Ray Charles
Superstitious - Stevie Wonder
breakdown - Tom Petty
Papa’s Got a Brand new bag - James Brown
Jesus is Just alright with me - Doobie Brothers
Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard
roundabout - Yes
turn turn turn - The Byrds
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
fly like an Eagle - Steve Miller band
Laya - Is it Layla (Eric Clapton)?
Hey Jude - Beatles
Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
rock solid - Crystal Lewis
everyday people - Sly And The Family Stone
With or without You - U2
every breath you take - Police
I don’t fear the reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains
Rockin in the Free World - Neil Young
My Generation - The Who
shout - The Isley Brothers.

~Monica~ said...

Hard Day's Night - The Beatles
Free Fallin' - Tom Petty & The Hearbreakers
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Bite the Dust - Queen
I can't get no satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
Voodoo Child - Jimi Hendrix
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Dazed & Confused - Led Zeppelin
Nirvana - Nirvana
Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Heard it throught the Grapevine - Gladys Knight & the Pips, Marvin Gaye
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Tell me What I Say - Ray Charles
Superstitious - Stevie Wonder
Breakdown - Guns N Roses, among many others
Papa's Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown
Jesus is Just alright with me - Doobie Brothers
Good Golly Miss Milly - Little Richard
Roundabout - Yes
Turn Turn Turn - Byrds
Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Fly Like an Eagle - Steve Miller Band, Seal
Laya - Eric Clapton
Hey Jude - The Beatles
Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Rock Solid - Crystal Lewis
Everyday People - Sly & The Family Stone
With or without you - U2
Every Breath you Take - The Police
I Don't Fear the reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
Alice in Chains - Alice in Chains
Rockin in the Free World - Neil Young
My Generation - The Who
Shout - The Isley Brothers

Todd said...

there are also a couple of songs called "Nirvana" by Donovan and Unhinged :o)