Monday, April 16, 2007

A Couple of Days of Downtime

My family arrived at 3:00 this morning in Mrytle Beach. We are visiting Amie's folks and taking a couple of days to decompress. I have brought couple of books and my cigar box guitar and am just looking at chilling out. One thing I have noticed since becoming a lead pastor is if I don't take a couple of days every few months to decompress I get fuzzy in my head. Just a couple of days is all it takes and I regain clarity and focus.

I even notice this in my regular schedule. If I don't pull away to take a walk by the lake, or sit and look out over Red Top or Kennesaw Mountains I loose a great deal of creativity and direction. The time spent in doing activities focused on nothing opens my mind, heart, and vision to get a "heads up from God".

If you feel like you are hitting a creative wall or lack of vision do like Christ and pull away from the crowd and make some space for your head and watch as God fills that space with His thoughts.This isn't a mind blowing revelation, but too many of us never do this and we find ourselves chasing life instead of leading life.

No comments: