Wednesday, April 26, 2006

You ever have just one of those weeks?

The past seven days have been muy frustrating. That's "very" for all you gringos. Last week I took a side job laying a raw stone sidewalk. That should have taken 3 days to finish, but my truck broke down, I got sick one day, got rained out two days, had a meeting on another day so I only got a few hours in.

The mechanic took my truck a part in the Home Depot parking lot where it broke down and then didn't come back to finish the job. He wouldn't return my calls so on Saturday I took a few hours and fixed it myself "well at least that felt good".

Now Sunday was great with church and all and we got to hang out with an emc-er and her husband and met a couple of her friends, but Monday came and my lousy string of days continued. I felt like I was edgy at staff meeting (sorry guys) and then cause I was frustrated that I was frustrated I continued to remain edgy. "edgy" is a nice way of saying Amie was having to put up with me cause I was being a jerk.

Today seemed like I was going to get the stone job done, but NNOOOO it had to start raining so boom back into the mood. At least I got to go to the coffee shop, see some friends and work on Sunday's sermon (that was nice) then as I am getting the kids ready for bed and we're reading the Bible, Grant just wasn't listenening so I whooped him right there. Oh that's really great Ross....."hey Grant what comes to mind when you think about Daddy reading the Bible to you? If I don't listen he spanks me....(Good job Ross) now I'm Parenthetically talking about myself in the third person...I guess all I'm saying is I am really having one of those weeks.

Look on the bright side the truck is running, the job should be done tomorrow by 2:00, I don't think I've done irrepairable psychological damage to Grant, and now I can sit back and experience a fresh dose of God's grace.

No comments: