Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Post Easter Update

I can't believe I haven't sat long enough to blog since Sunday. After service we had some friends over, that night we had some much needed family time, and then we crashed. Yesterday I got to hang with one of my closest new friends here in GA. We took an adventurous canoe/fishing trek up the Little River. More canoing than fishin', but it was incredible. I didn't know that our county had such amazing sites! Thanks Bill for the invite. Maybe next time the wind will be at our backs.

We've been asked by a lot of friends, fellow church planters, and family how Sunday went. As far as our "experience easter at the embassy" things went great! We kicked the morning off with "when love comes to town" by Bono and B.B. King. Great song-great vibe, and it just started rollin' from there. We had 121 people, not that we focus on numbers, but numbers are people and I'd rather have more than less. Why? because several of those people defined their relationship with God on Sunday! And many others who have been coming to the embassy since our launched jumped in and served. That's what it's all about. As always the emc crew stepped up to the plate and I feel you guys hit a definite home run. Thanks for all you did.

Sunday just made me so proud to be a part of the embassy. It also made me realize that God is with us. Yes... I know he is, but sometimes you just need to know He is, you know. This weekend for me was just a gigantic confirmation that God has and is going to use the emc family to significantly impact our communities.

Well thanks again emc-ers for all you do. And thanks to everyone who was at the embassy for the first time on Sunday. I appreciate that you included us in your weekend plans. It was great getting to meet so many of you after the service.

Well I can't wait until next week. See ya then.

No comments: