Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Fools!

It's the first day of April and I guess the jokes on me. Why you may ask? It's 4am and I can't sleep. What gives? So after laying in bed for a few hours not really thinking about anything in particular just pestering Amie to stay up too, I decided to go outside. So here I am sitting on my porch with a cup of coffee and enjoying the sounds of frogs and I think what would be crickets or may be katydids or swarming locust. How many years has it been since the 17 year locust have done their thing? As a kid I remember gathering them into piles and torching them with gasoline. As I listened to the crackle I thought to myself how gross it would have been to be John the Baptist. You know with the whole honey and locust diet and all, but since then I have had chocolate covered grasshoppers and they weren't so bad.

I wonder if John ever sat outside at 4 in the morning? If he did, did the sound of bugs make him want to run for the border for a late night snack. That's the last thing I need right now. For sure a #1 at the old taco bell would keep me up until dawn. So I'll just sit here and caffienate myself a little more (a cup-o-joe always relaxes me at night).

Now John, that was a preacher.....man he sure could challenge people to life change and then point them to the one who could make it possible. I would have liked to have been John; minus the whole camel hair leisure suit and all. Oh, and the loosin' his head thing. You know to be honest what have I really sacrificed to be given the privilege of challenging people to life change and pointing them to Christ. I think most of us would say, "not that much." Anyhoo, there's no other life I would rather have so I think I'll just sit here a little longer and allow God to speak to my heart. You know what's great about God, whatever He shares with you He's not going to say, "April fools"

Disclaimer: These have been the words of a man half alseep and hopped up on java. Good night and Good luck. By the way did anyone see that movie? it did well at the oscars......what am I doing?......go to sleep already.......It was amazing how many awards Clooney got.......enough already log out and crash....now I am talking to myself. I must be more tired than I realize. G-night....really.

No comments: