Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday Remix 11-9-08

-I can't believe the second Sunday of November has already passed. This has been the fastest year of my life.

-This Sunday went great. Jimmy's set up crew was operating at Mach 2 and did a great job with everything. Nice work gentlemen.

-Jared was leading worship and doing some mentoring at a church in Savannah. I heard he did an awesome job. Josh and the band did a great job with leading worship here at home. It feels good to know that a major contributor to the success of our Sundays can be gone and his teams (sound/tech/music)can still pull out a win for the day.

-Speaking of a win, we saw 4 adults and several children chose to follow Christ today! I know several of their stories and it is awesome to see God moving in their lives.

-I preached on the subject of striving for spiritual maturity. We have been and will always be a great place for the unchurched to connect with God. I am also glad that we are becoming a place passionate about personal & spiritual growth.

-Gas is down to 1.99! My gas sucking Dodge truck is much happier.

-We are seeing our church finances getting better. Mad props to everyone who has stepped up in giving. I know it is a challenge, but God's promises regarding finances are true. God will bless the generous heart and He will bless the generous church.

-We are planning on doing our first Christmas Eve event. We still have a few details to work out. If all goes as planned it should be an incredible night for the city of Woodstock. Start praying for this night...right now.

No comments: