Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sunday Remix 11-16-08

-Amie & I Started the day off by going to the 9am service at my friend Gary Lamb's church in Canton. Revolution was great. Seems like every time I have visited, Gary's been preaching on sex. Great teaching bro, but what's with the preaching barefoot thing. Gary my friend, you are one of a kind.

-I didn't preach this Sunday. Our Jump Start (K-5th grade) Team Leader brought the teaching for the day. Great job Brantley! With Brantley speaking I was able to visit Revolution and then come back to Momentum as a spectator.

-Some thoughts I had as I came back to Momentum Church from Revolution: Revolution is an amazing ministry held in high esteem by just about every serious student of church planting in the nation. Obviously they are doing a great deal right. As Gary says they do "the little things" right.

To pat Momentum on the back I will say this. When I left Revolution Church I wondered how I would feel walking back into Momentum Church. Just a few minutes later. Would there be a huge contrast in quality, vibe, excellence. etc...I was so freakin proud of our teams and what we have put together in Woodstock. Although each ministry is very unique to itself, I didn't feel a huge contrast between the ministries. Obviously we have a lot of little things to step up. On the other hand it was good for me to realize in such a vivid way that our grass is pretty dang green on this side of the fence. The experience deepened my appreciation for Gary, Revolution, but mostly for Momentum Church and what those who call MC home have accomplished! Great Job team!!

-I am always looking to learn from others a few steps ahead of us. This weekend made me realize no wonder we get calls weekly for advice and insight from those whom we are a few steps ahead of. Isn't that how it should be. We are all on the same team. I know I will continue to look, listen, and learn from other ministries. If we can be of help to anyone else we are at your disposal.

No comments: