Monday, November 03, 2008

Great Weekend at Momentum Church

-The Woodstock Kid's Fest went great. Barbara Graves did a fantastic job leading this event.She also did a great job with leading our Kid's Pirate event on Sunday afternoon.
Thanks to everyone for serving at these two kid's events.

-I was stoked that a boy from my soccer team visited Momentum with his grandmother. By the way the Blue Rockets were awesome on Saturday winning their last game 4-1! Great job team see you in the spring.

-This Sunday we finished our Pirates: Reclaiming my stolen treasure series. I finished with a teaching on finances and the peace we can achieve even in the face of economic uncertainties. I loved what we titled the teaching. We called it "get your hands off my booty" (think pirates ok) Ha! That's funny I don't care who you are.

-Our finances are turning around. For about 7 weeks our giving was way down. No I mean wwwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy doooooooowwwwwwwwwnnn. I am so excited to say that in the past 2 weeks we have seen our giving getting back to where it should be. Thanks to all those at Momentum who are being faithful in the face of current economic conditions.

-We had two adults make the decision to follow Christ on Sunday. They have been coming a couple of months and were guests of guests who came as a guests of a couple who came to Christ this time last year. I hope you followed that...that's what I'm talking about. People reaching people who are reaching people. That's better than any billboard or mailer. Thanks Momentum for allowing God to use you to reach the world you do life with.

No comments: