Wednesday, January 31, 2007

What a Start!

This past month has been incredible. The revolution series pulled no punches, but people really embraced the challenge to live loud for God in 2007. Over the past 6 weeks we have grown 25% and have seen a lot of new people serving God through the various ministries at emc. It's been great to see people realize how amazing it is to have a relationship with Jesus that is real and a place to celebrate that relationship that connects with people right where they are.

The bands been cranking and the place has just been full of energy. Embassy has become the church I would go to even if I wasn't the pastor. Thanks to everyone who week after week prepare such a great environment for people to connect with God, their purpose, and to others on the journey.

Our average attendance for the month of January was 125. What a start to a great year. I feel like God is putting everything together to absolutely blow our minds this year.
On Sunday I was saying how many had came to Christ this year, but how it was one less than I wish. How many marriages were made strong, but still one less than I wished. How many lives bound to life controlling issue, but again still one less than I wished. That's why we have to keep doing what we're doing because they're many more that God wants to reach through your efforts at emc. We've had a great start so let it motivate you to continue doing every week to make a difference in the community you live in.

Thanks for letting me lead the kind of church I would go to even if I wasn't the pastor. You guys are risk taking adventurous fools for God and I love ya for it!

No comments: