Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Ain't no Party like an emc party cause an emc party don't stop!

Our one year anniversary party was everything I hoped for. We had a great time looking back at what God has done and casting vision for where we are headed.

We looked at how God brings a vision and how vision comes to pass. We saw that while living out the dreams of God it's not always easy, but He is with you through it all. I then challenged the people to seek God for the dreams God wants for their lives because they are embassy metro church.

It's not about what God wants to do with emc that thrills me it's what God is doing and will do in their lives that get's me amped. As God leads them to be strong the church becomes strong....as God fulfills His hopes for their relationships....the church becomes healthier....as God causes them to personally grow, the church grows.....they are the church, they are emc.

EMC is just what we all get the priviledge of doing together to reach others and to stir each other to grow as Christ followers. I love being a part of what we are all doing for Jesus!!!


A few things that were great about Sunday:

-I loved having drums and bass on Sunday....the worship band rocked (Thanks Jared for leading the team so effectively). We have been praying for musicians for months and now they are coming out of the woodwork! Having the extra musicians will work great when we go to double services or run a concurrent service in another room with a live band and video simulcast for teaching. It's amazing that we are already having to begin to think about the next step.

-We also had several new people helping with set up...thanks for owning the vision and taking part!

-Thanks for allowing me to get away with stupid stunts like the "Marilyn Monroe bit" Ya'll are a blast to lead.

-The number of 20 somethings that are making emc home...I'm loving that.

-having my wife in service with me and knowing the kid's ministry was in great hands. (Amie has ran our kid's ministry since we launched....thanks Leondra for serving so faithfully so that my wife can be with me more regularly)


2007 is going to be off the hook!

No comments: