Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I Am Seriously Off My Game

Last Friday night as we went from P.F. Chang's into the cold air and then into the warmth at a Barnes & Noble my left ear decided to just close up. No pain, no pressure, just all Helen Keller like. In the morning I was fine I went outside and back inside and boom plugged again. Sunday more of the same. At least it cleared up during church so I was able to function pretty normal (that's a matter of opinion I know). Well by afternoon It closed up for the final time and I still can't hear anything three days later. I finally broke down and got some antibiotics so I should be fine by Sunday.I should have just got with doc and got my pills on Monday, but I didn't feel sick one bit.

My folks are crazy with all the homeopathic stuff so mom's like burn a candle and dad's Appalachian roots come out as he tells me get some sweet oil to put in it. I'm thinking sugar oil in my head and saying prayers using candles isn't going to do a thing, but make me worse. Mom explained these candles aren't for praying, but for burning and about this time I'm thinking my mom believes I have a demon.

Well I found out these candles you put in your ear, and yes.....I can't believe I am going to say this.....you light it on fire while it's in your freakin' ear. Did I say this funnel shaped cone of wax is on fire in MY EAR! What was I thinking listening to my mother. well as I lay in the middle of the floor with fire supposedly drawing ought my disease Adalee my oldest says, "hey we should roast marshmallows" Ha that's funny and we had a good laugh.....then Amie passes out forks and marshmallows. My family is roasting marshmallows on the side of my head. Ha that's hilarious, for everybody BUT ME!

Anyhoo when we were done in went the sweet oil as Amie waved a chicken foot over my head counter clock-wise and said neleh rellek three times. Needless to say that didn't help and today the other ear began to plug up too so I gave in and called the Doc (Thanks Doc A. you're still the best)

It's wild how much one ear being plugged can throw you off. I haven't been myself for days. The Bible speaks about how when one part of the body isn't functioning right or hurting it affects the whole body. Boy ain't that right. The church is no different we are the Body of Christ and when something is wrong it throws us off. Listen, if you're hurting get help quick. If you feel pressure there is relief, If you are having a hard time hearing from God, don't go it alone. We have all been their physically and spiritually. Look to others in the body that can help you. If you want call me and I'll hold the candle for you..... hey kids bring the marshmallows. No really let's always be a place where we help each other out when we are off our games.

No comments: