Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Great Weekend

This past weekend couldn't have been any better. Amie and my parents were all in for the weekend. They came to see Adalee in the Wizard of Oz and to celebrate Aubrynn's B-day. I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up. Sunday night we had a bunch of Aubie's friends over for her party and when things wound down all of the dads went fishing. Man we tore the lake up. Props go to Bill who possessed some serious fishin' mojo that night. He couldn't keep from catching fish all night. He even caught a snake....crazy.

It was also great meeting Shane the father of one of my daughters friends. He was quite the fisherman too. With my dad being down I got to pilfer his tackle box like old times too. Anytime I can stand on the bank of a lake with my dad is a good time.

I think Sunday night felt so great also because Sunday morning went so well. It's summer and we had great attendance. The past few weeks we have had several new people and families coming to the embassy. This week a guy I invited came and recommitted his life to God. Sunday nights always seem complete when I walk the 75 yards to the lake and throw a line in...this Sunday night just felt even better.

No comments: