Monday, February 05, 2007

New series will start next Sunday

We were going to start our difficult people series yesterday, but I was sicker than a dog. It takes a lot to make me give up my pulpit (music stand...we're portable). Over the weekend I think I coughed my spine loose, is that possible? Any ways my voice sounded like a cross between a mobster and a drag queen who sucked down too many Marlboros. So I opted out. I had a missionary friend in town whose sister goes to my church and he came to perform her wedding. He was planning on a 5 minute missions window during our service yesterday so I called him up and asked him to "help a brother out" and go ahead and teach. Damien was our first missionary to speak since we launched and he did a great job explaining his ministry, but also challenged us to be angry about what angers God; poverty,Africa's aids/hiv epedimic,slavery, & injustice. So next week we will begin our Difficult People series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Ross...This is Kris~ Hope everything is going good for ya all and can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ross, Wow, I wish I were in GA to hear the awesome messages on difficult people. Don't we all have them!!!! We still need to be Jesus with skin on to them but man is it hard sometimes. Hope you are feeling better. The 125 average for Jan is just way too cool. God is definitely blessing Embassy Metro. Take care of my Son :)
Love & Blessings to you, Amy and the Kids,