Monday, January 23, 2006

God Knows

The phrase "God knows" holds great power. There have been times in my life that this thought had the power to make me feel uncomfortable. Other times this phrase evoked more questions like, "If He knows, then why?",but today as I ponder this thought it fills me with confidence and hope. It has been nearly 18 months since Amie and I chose to follow God's leading to come to Woodstock and eight months since our family finally arrived. Somedays we felt like we were right on track. Other days we felt as lost and as out of control of our futures as possible.

Today as I look back to the past 8 months I can see how God has led us at every turn, but in those moments the uncertainty of the future clouded my view. The compass at times seemed to spin in all directions and thoughts like, "am I going the right way?" were often, but God knows! Looking back and seeing that my feelings of uncertainty did not negate the fact that God was leading brings the confidence that the next step of our journey is already planned by God. That gives me such hope because even though I may feel like, "am I on the right track?" or I may question what's around the bend...God knows.

I guess what I am trying to say is that even if right now you don't feel like you have everything figured out in life and your future is uncertain God knows. As you pursue Him and the path He has for you you can be confident that He is more able to keep you going in the right direction than you are able to get yourself lost. God knows....stay close to Him....you'll get there...I'm confident of that.

No comments: