Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's Good to be Home!

The past two months have been the hardest of my life. My wife and I decided that it was best for me to go to Georgia so that I could get housing lined up and a job before the family came down. So our worship pastor and myself moved here in April. Before this move the longest I had been away from my family was 10 days while speaking at a retreat in Nairobi. That would in no way prepare me for the 55 days of being away from home.

In April I saw my family every two weeks. Then there were 33 days that we were seperated. I have never experienced loneliness like that in my life. You know the kind of loneliness where people can be all around, but you still feel cocooned in a sense of isolation and seperation. I went home last week and brought my family to live with me in Georgia. This week I have felt whole again; "it is not good for man to dwell alone."

I love Georgia, but it wasn't until my family got here that I felt at home. I guess home isn't a location, but a sense you feel when you are surrounded by those who have celebrated victories with you and also haved loved you consistently in spite of your faults. Everybody needs a sense of family. For some family means your wife and kids, or mama & daddy, for others family is that group of friends that have stuck close to you through thick and thin, either way life is richer when lived together. Right now my babies are in bed and Daddy is truley feeling blessed. It's Good to Be Home!

Loving my Father's Day,

-ross

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ross, Just happened across your web page, got to reading. . . got to crying. . . got to laughing at me crying. . . and then decided to say hi. Congrats on everything you are doing. I cant wait to come visit the most successful church in Ga. Gotta go, C-Ya
Corey